2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity
Published: February 27, 2018
Notice of Intent to Apply Due Date: April 2, 2018
Application Due Date: May 2, 2018
CFDA Number: 94.006
Contact Information: Funding@cv.ca.gov
CaliforniaVolunteers (CV) is seeking to fund new programs that engage individuals as AmeriCorps members to address unmet community needs through service and volunteer action.
Through the 2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity, CV will award AmeriCorps implementation grants on a competitive basis to eligible organizations that engage members in evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions to strengthen communities. Grants will be awarded beginning mid-August in 2018 to support service activities during the 2018-19 program year. Successful applicants are expected to start member service activities by mid-October of 2018 and will have 12 months to support AmeriCorps members in completing a term of service.
Nonprofit organizations and state & local government agencies are eligible to apply. Since this process is an extension of the earlier competition for the 2018-19 program year, applicants that have already responded to the earlier 2018 AmeriCorps State Grant Request for Applications are NOT eligible to apply for funding for the same program under this funding opportunity.
The Notice of Intent to Apply is encouraged but not required and is due to CV by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 2, 2018.
The Complete Application is due to CV by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. Please send the hardcopy application to the following address:
1400 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The following documents are required to complete the 2018 AmeriCorps State Grant Application:
- 2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity Request for Applications
- 2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
- 2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity Application Instructions
- 2018 AmeriCorps State Grant Application Forms
- Application Checklist (Required)
- AmeriCorps Title Page & Partnership Forms (Required)
- Strategic Grant Characteristics (Required)
- Logic Model Template (Required)
- California Performance Measurement Worksheets Template (Required)
- AmeriCorps Budget Form & Budget Narrative (Required)
- New Applicant Certification Form (Required for New Applicants)
- Labor Organization Certification (Required)
- Organizational Self-Assessment (Required)
- Assurance and Certifications (Required)
- Request for Alternative Match Schedule (Optional)
- National Performance Measures Instructions
Technical Assistance Opportunities
One-on-One Technical Assistance Opportunity
Applicants may request a one-on-one technical assistance session with CaliforniaVolunteers staff. Please email email@example.com to schedule a session.
AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity Overview
For an overview of the 2018 AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity, the application timeline, or other general questions about AmeriCorps and the grant competition.
View PowerPoint Presentation Here
AmeriCorps State Formula Funding Opportunity Selection Criteria
For questions about the AmeriCorps grant application selection criteria, grant review process, or any other questions that need to be addressed in order to complete your application.
When: Wednesday, March 21 at 10am – 11am
AmeriCorps Program Management and Design
For questions including appropriate AmeriCorps member service activities, staffing for the program, grantee responsibilities, or any other question related to program design or program management.
When: Monday, March 26 at 1pm – 2pm
Developing Performance Measurement Worksheets
For guidance about how to create high-quality performance measures that align with an applicant’s program design and meet AmeriCorps requirements. Participants are encouraged to review the “Overview of Performance Measurement” and “High Quality Performance Measures” online courses before the webinar.
When: Wednesday, April 4 at 10am – 11am
AmeriCorps Budget Development
For guidance about how to create a compliant grant budget for an AmeriCorps program. Participants are encouraged to review the “Developing and Managing Your Budget” and “Preparing the Grant Budget for AmeriCorps Programs” online courses before the webinar.
When: Wednesday, April 11 at 10am – 11am
Technical Assistance Documents & Resources
Organizations interested in applying for an AmeriCorps grant are encouraged to visit the resources provided below:
- CV Performance Measurement Worksheet Informational Webinar Presentation (PDF)
- How to Develop a Program Logic Model
- High Quality Performance Measures
- Building Effective Data Collection Plans
- Building Evidence of Effectiveness
- Evidence Checklist
- Preparing the Grant Budget for AmeriCorps Programs
- National Website for AmeriCorps
- AmeriCorps Regulations 45 CFR Section 2520-2550
- CaliforniaVolunteers AmeriCorps Grantmaking and Program Design Policies