Published: September 16, 2016
Application Due Date: November 1, 2016
CFDA Number: 94.006
Contact Information: Funding@cv.ca.gov
NOTE:This competition has limited availability. Please see eligibility requirements below, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your eligibility.
Through the 2017 AmeriCorps State Grant Request for Applications (RFA), CV will award AmeriCorps grants on a competitive basis to eligible organizations that engage members in evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions to strengthen communities. Grants will be awarded beginning mid-August in 2017 to support service activities during the 2017-18 program year. Successful applicants are expected to start member service activities by mid-October of 2016 and will have 12 months to support AmeriCorps members in completing a term of service.
This RFA is open only to recompeting AmeriCorps programs and planning grantees that meet the following criteria:
- Recompeting AmeriCorps programs must be operating their third and final year of the grant cycle in 2016-17.
- Current AmeriCorps planning grantees that will have satisfactorily completed required planning grant deliverables by the CNCS January 18, 2017 competitive submission deadline.
CV expects to issue a Request for Applictions open to new applicants in the early Spring of 2017.
The complete application is due to CV by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. Please send the hardcopy application to the following address:
1400 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The following documents are required to complete the 2016 AmeriCorps State Formula Grant Application:
- 2017 AmeriCorps State Grant Request for Applications
- 2017 Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
- 2017 AmeriCorps State Grant Application Instructions
- 2017 AmeriCorps State Grant Application Forms
- Application Checklist (Required)
- Strategic Grant Characteristics (Required)
- Logic Model Template (Required)
- California Performance Measurement Worksheets Template (Required)
- New Applicant Certification Form (Required for New Applicants)
- Labor Organization Certification (Required)
- Organizational Self-Assessment (Required)
- Assurances and Certifications (Required)
- Request for Alternative Match Schedule (Optional)
- AmeriCorps Budget Form & Budget Narrative
- National Performance Measures Instructions
- AmeriCorps Program Information & Partnership Forms
Technical Assistance Documents & Resources
Organizations interested in applying for an AmeriCorps grant are encouraged to visit the resources provided below:
- CV Performance Measurement Worksheet Informational Webinar Presentation (PDF)
- How to Develop a Program Logic Model
- High Quality Performance Measures
- Building Evidence of Effectiveness
- Preparing the Grant Budget for AmeriCorps Programs
- National Website for AmeriCorps
- AmeriCorps Regulations 45 CFR Section 2520-2550
- CaliforniaVolunteers AmeriCorps Grantmaking and Program Design Policies